Monday, August 9, 2010

Tithe by Holly Black

Cover art: 6/7
Title: 5.5/7
Story: 3/7
Characters: 3/7
Overall: 5/7

Well the blurb was before as was the picture so I shall just get into the review. I want to start by saying the first 7-10 chapters were CRAP. Couldnt stand it. It was slow starting and overall a bit of a disappointment. I was expecting way more from this book, perhaps too much! The worst thing is it has the potential to be amazing! And for me it took a while to get into and the rest was so-so. I dont know about the rest of you but what gets me into the books, well part of it, is my ability to be able to relate to the characters, not just that but i also like drawing out the parts that seem like they really could happen (Meaning the parts without pixies!) and it just seemed wrong to me. I just couldnt enjoy it as much as i would have liked.
I will say this though, the emotion in the book was great and i felt myself feeling what the characters were feeling and they are slowly growing on me. I enjoyed the ending and as i hate to say this I think I am looking forward to to next one. I'm going to enjoy seeing where this story is taken.

I say this is up to you. If you liked the blurb then give it a try. Its great to go into this one without any expectations. But it wasnt too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment